Homepage > ... > Child Care Information > Child Care Information for Families > Financial AssistanceE-mail storyPrint friendly format
Financial Assistance for Child Care

Need help paying for child care?
Several programs within Orange County may be able to provide assistance:

 Financial Assistance for Child Care

Children's Home Society

Children's Home Society (CHS) maintains a Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) of families seeking child care tuition assistance. Families seeking financial assistance must contact CHS at 949-364-6605 or apply online at http://www.chs-ca.orgto be placed on the CEL.

State Preschool

The State Preschool program offers part time preschool and state subsidized childcare services to eligible families. Parents qualify for child care by meeting income and need guidelines.  Parents must be employed, in training or seeking employment.
Child care fees are based on a sliding scale, with funding support from the State Department of Education. Click here, or call 949-936-5890 for more information.

In-House Scholarships 


Some child care centers provide 'in-house' scholarships as funds are available. When contacting a center, please ask if they have any financial assistance available.

Irvine Child Care Project

Irvine Child Care Project is a Joint Powers Agreement between the Irvine Unified School District and the City of Irvine, overseen by the Irvine Child Care Project Board of Directors.  Irvine Child Care Project leases facilities on all 22 Irvine Unified School District elementary school campuses to non-profit agencies operating licensed before and after-school child care (grades K-6), and offers some tuition assistance for income-eligible families.
For more information, click here or call the Child Care Coordination Office at 949-724-6632. To view scholarship policies and application, click here.

For additional financial assistance resources, please click here.

Email the Web Editor